COLERAINE FC EQUALITY STATEMENT
Equity is fundamental to the participation in and the governance, organisation and delivery of football within the Club. Equity is the practice of fairness and the upholding of social justice to ensure that all individuals are respected, have equal opportunities and have their rights protected. Equity is critical to the celebration of diversity in the Club.
It is no longer acceptable for individuals to negatively discriminate against or suppress others on the basis of a difference in religion or faith, race or ethnicity, culture, socioeconomic status, gender, sexuality, age, disability or any other social or physical categorisation. Nor is it acceptable for individuals to ignore or in any way endorse the behaviour of others who discriminate in such a way. It is important for all those involved in the Club to support and promote the principles of equity, whether they are playing, Refereeing, administrating, managing, governing, supporting players, sponsoring, spectating, reporting or engaged in any other way in football activities.
It is imperative that when incidents of negative discrimination occur they are dealt with swiftly and effectively. Through our Codes of Conduct the Club have a clear and comprehensive disciplinary process. A process that is embedded within the constitution and linked directly to all policies, procedures and codes of the Club, in particular the equity policy. In abiding by the Equity Statement, every member of Coleraine Football Club will:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of everyone within the game of football.
- Treat everyone equally within the context of football, no matter a person’s ability, gender, race, ethnicity, age, religious belief, sexuality or socio-economic status.
- Is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy the game of football in a safe environment and an environment that is free from the threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- Have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- Will deal with any occurrence or incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, and in-line with the Club’s disciplinary procedures.