COLERAINE FC is now inviting expressions of interest for the position of Junior Academy Director…
Job Title: Junior Academy Director
Reporting to: Head Coach
Accountable to: Coleraine FC Board
Location: Coleraine Football Club, Ballycastle Road, Coleraine
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 2 years Part Time
As part of its continuous review of the functions and development of Coleraine FC (CFC), the Board of Directors in conjunction with the Head Coach, have started a process of restructuring the Clubs Youth Development Pathway (YDP). The first phase of this has seen the successful completion of the modification of the Senior element of the YDP (Under 16,18 and 20s), with the appointment of a Senior Academy Director in the summer of 2019.
The second phase of this restructure will now take place and incorporate the Junior element of the YDP (Soccer School, 7 & 9 aside teams & NIBFA teams up to U-15) into a fully integrated YDP, in line with the Club’s philosophy and values.
This phase requires the new role of a Junior Academy Director to work in tandem with our Senior Academy Director and other structures within the club.
Main roles and responsibilities –
- The successful candidate will, as a result of this restructure, will be part of a realigned and integrated multidisciplinary management team
- Will, in conjunction with other management team members liaise with the Clubs General Manager in matters pertaining to the governance of a Limited Company, e.g. financial expenditure, controls, probity and application to any necessary legislation and/ procedures
- Will demonstrate the ability to have the personal and managerial skills to work within a wide network and multidisciplinary team
- Provide updates, both verbally and documented, to C.F.C. Board
- Will, in liaison with the Club General Manager, profile and manage the Youth Development Pathways finance, to ensure appropriate governance and probity
- Liaise with C.F.C. Head Coach
- Develop and manage appropriate networks in local community and nationally to ensure C.F.C. is participating in and availing of opportunities across the football spectrum
- Recruitment of age appropriate coaches
- Constant dialogue with the Senior Academy Director
- Identify and recruit players and coaches within Academy and league guidelines
- Lead the discussion and planning of a new coaching provision, strategy and implementation
Essential skills and qualifications –
- Minimum UEFA A Licence
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Head coach/Academy director or similar
- Exceptional written and oral communication, IT and presentation skills
- High level of Confidentiality and diplomacy
- Driving licence
Desirable attributes –
- UEFA Pro Licence
- Empathy with young people and their challenges
Closing date for Applications – 5:00pm on Friday 10th July 2020
Interviews – Week commencing Monday 13th July 2020
Start Date – Monday 20th July 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Access NI Enhanced disclosure.
If you meet the qualification criteria and feel you have the relevant experience and evidence to meet the job description and personal specifications, please apply by email with a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:30pm on Friday 10th July 2020 (late applications will not be accepted).