On the Spot…with Gareth Deane
GARETH Deane is the latest player to be ‘On the Spot’ as the goalkeeper answers a series of questions relating to life, football and everything in between…
Fitter at Finest Blinds Lisburn.
2. Favourite player of all time?
Jerzy Dudek – my idol growing up supporting Liverpool.
3. Favourite meal?
4. Pre-match breakfast?
Bagel, scrambled eggs and beans.
5. Any lucky traditions?
Always eat the same meal on a Friday night if we win the weekend before, and if not, it changes.
6. PS4 or Xbox?
PS4 – we have a good group of lads playing Warzone at the minute.
7. What teams do you support?
Liverpool and the famous Glasgow Rangers #55
8. Three guests for a dinner – dead or alive – who do you pick and why?
Cristiano Ronaldo – my favourite footballer and I love his winning mindset.
Rory McIlroy – massive golf fan and with Rory being from Northern Ireland and doing so well in the sport is unbelievable.
Justin Bieber – might get a bit of stick for this but he’s one of my favourite music artists and been following him from the very start.
9. Favourite movie?
Law Abiding Citizen.
10. Your favourite moment as a Coleraine player?
Beating Maribor in the Europa League. Best feeling I’ve had as a footballer.
11. Love Island – yes or no?
12. If you were deserted on an island, which Coleraine player would you choose to be with and why?
Lyndon Kane – known each other for years and always have a good laugh when we are together.
13. What other sports do you play?
Fancy myself as a bit of a golfer. All the gear but no idea.
14. What is your favourite away ground to play football?
Always like to playing at Windsor Park as the pitch is always in good condition and nice to play on.
15. How hard was it to leave Linfield?
I grew up a Linfield supporter as all my family support them. It was hard to leave of course but guaranteed, regular football every week was hard to turn down. I enjoyed a lot of success there and I hope to experience more of that success at Coleraine.
16. What have you made of your time at Coleraine so far?
I’ve loved every minute since I came in on day one. We have a good group of lads in the changing room and every one is pulling in the same direction. Hoping we can enjoy some silverware in the near future.