RECENT signing Matthew Shevlin is next up on our popular ‘On the Spot’ series as the attacker answers a series of different questions…
Student, studying Construction Engineering and Management, in my final year at Ulster University.
2. Favourite player of all time?
3. Favourite meal?
Home cooked steak dinner, or a Chinese on a Saturday night is hard to beat.
4. Pre-match breakfast?
Scrambled eggs, beans and toast. Been the same for years.
5. Any lucky traditions?
An off licence stop on the way home after a win.
6. PS4 or Xbox?
Xbox – Division 1 Pro Clubs with Black Magic V.
7. What teams do you support?
8. Three guests for a dinner – dead or alive – who do you pick and why?
Lionel Messi – I’m sure he’d have plenty of stories.
Peter Crouch – I listen to his podcast every week and he’s hilarious.
Michael Jordan – One of the greatest athletes of all time and the Last Dance documentary was unreal.
9. Favourite movie?
10. Your favourite moment as a Coleraine player?
My goal against Crusaders last week.
11. Love Island – yes or no?
12. If you were deserted on an island, which Coleraine player would you choose to be with and why?
It’s hard to pick but probably Josh Carson. I travel with him every week and he’s a funny lad with plenty of football stories.
13. What other sports do you play?
Started playing golf in September, didn’t get to play much because of the lockdowns but looking forward to playing again. Could do with a lot of practice.
14. What is your favourite away ground to play football?
I’ve always liked playing at Mourneview Park – the pitch is always in good condition.
15. How hard was it to leave Linfield?
It was a great team to be apart of and I learnt a lot during my time there, but the chance of playing more regularly was too hard to turn down.
16. What have you made of your time at Coleraine so far?
It was a frustrating first 7/8 weeks because I damaged ankle ligaments in my second training session. I tried to rush back and made it worse. I’m past it now and I’ve loved being back playing regularly and getting my match fitness back. It is a really great group of lads to be a part of.