COLERAINE FC will be providing a live stream for supporters who wish to watch the Bannsiders in action during the 2020/21 campaign…
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to restrict attendances, Coleraine FC will be streaming every home fixture from The Showgrounds – that isn’t on BBC or Sky Sports – until we are able to welcome you all back into the ground.
The live stream will be produced by camera operators from Coleraine FC but 247.tv will be hosting the stream on behalf of the club. Supporters can watch the live action for £7, or catch up on the replay for £3.
The production will include interviews and features, instant replays, match graphics and a co-commentator every week. The match commentator will be Barry Greene who has had years experience working for the BBC and Virgin Sport.
colerainefc.com has listed the following instructions to help fans get the stream up and running.
1. Check your device is compatible
First off you will need to go to 247.tv and check if the device you want to run the stream on is able to read the video format of the stream. To do this simply click the TEST VIDEO button at the top of the NI Premiership Stream page.
Once you reach the Test Video page, you should see a video. If you are able to play and watch this video, your device is compatible and able to watch the stream.
2. Buying The Stream
You will need to go to the 247.tv website and register for an account, this is a simple process where you will use your email address and create a Username and Password, remember these log in details as these are ones you will use each time you log in to watch a live streamed game.
Once you have set up your account you can access all Danske Bank Premiership games by clicking this link https://www.247.tv/niprem. This will show you all available live stream games coming up (as well as previous games still available to watch). Simply click ‘Buy Live’ for the stream you want to purchase. We recommend you do this process well before kick off on Saturday so you are comfortable with the set up and know where to find everything, rather than rushing at 2.55pm and panicking. Once you have bought the stream it will take you to the live stream page where the video will appear, Coleraine TV plan to be live with screen visuals from 2.45pm on Saturday so nothing will appear until that time, there is a small Enlarge button on the bottom right of the video that will let you make the stream the full size of your screen.
3. Live Support
There will be a Live Support service provided by 247.tv and they will be able to help you with any queries you have, right through the stream so please do not hesitate to contact them with any queries. Please bear in mind that between 2.30pm – 3.15pm they will be at their busiest so the earlier you set up your stream and iron out any issues, the quicker response you will receive. Simply click on the ‘Contact Us’ section on their website and fill in your query details. Or email email@example.com
Please bear in mind that Coleraine FC Social Media pages will be busy both in the lead up and during the match so will be unable to answer queries regarding streaming, the 247.tv team will be there to help you out if there is an issue.
Casting to TV
When you are in the live stream page, on a mobile device you can simply click the enlarge button and watch on your mobile or tablet. For anyone looking to cast to their TV, there are few different options:
Please bear in mind that the options below are all based on the assumption that your laptop, smart TV, tablet or mobile phone are compatible and can see the test video referred to above so we highly recommend you try this test video on the device you will be streaming the game on as soon as you can.
- If you have purchased the stream on a laptop or computer, you can run an HDMI cable into your TV that will let you view the stream page from there, remember to click the ‘Full Screen’ button on the bottom right of the stream so the picture will be the fill size of the TV
- If your Smart TV is compatible (CHECK THIS AS MOST ARE NOT), you can log on to your TV’s internet browser and simply go through the same process of finding the https://www.247.tv/gaa/niprem link, log in using your existing details, click the stream you wish to watch and then click the ‘Enlarge’ button on the bottom right of the stream and the picture will be the full size of the TV.
- If you have an Amazon Firestick, you can download Amazon Silk which is a web browser, using the same method as above, search for https://www.247.tv/gaa/niprem log in using your existing details, click the stream you wish to watch and then click the ‘Enlarge’ button on the bottom right of the stream and the picture will be the full size of the TV.
- Google Chromecast – some people might have a Google Chromecast which will let you cast your phone screen to the TV, same process as above, find the stream on your phone then using the Google Chromecast option, cast the stream to you TV, remember to click the ‘Full Screen’ button to make sure the stream is the full size of your TV.
We are confident that this process will work for the vast majority although we do expect some to have some small issues with making sure it is watchable come 3pm.
Therefore, we are urging all supporters to try this out well before kick off to give yourself time to learn the system so it all goes smoothly come 3pm on Saturday when you can cheer on your team from the comfort of your own home.