On the Spot…with Ronan Wilson
RONAN Wilson is the latest player to be ‘On the Spot’ as the midfielder answers a series of questions relating to life, football and everything in between…
Student at Ulster University studying Renewable Energy.
2. Favourite player of all time?
3. Favourite meal?
Ranch BBQ pizza from Dominos.
4. Pre-match breakfast?
Scrambled eggs, beans and toast.
5. Any lucky traditions?
Red tin of Monster before every game.
6. PS4 or Xbox?
7. What teams do you support?
8. Three guests for a dinner – dead or alive – who do you pick and why?
J. Cole – he’s my favourite artist and would love to listen to him live.
Gary Neville & Jamie Carragher – could listen to them talk about football all day long and would also get a good laugh from it.
9. Favourite movie?
Wolf of Wall Street.
10. Your favourite moment as a Coleraine player?
I’d have to say my favourite moment is the win against Maribor, coming on as a sub and playing apart in a famous win for Coleraine. It was a great experience and one I will not forget.
11. Love Island – yes or no?
Definitely not, I enjoy watching it but wouldn’t last a day. Those girls would eat me up.
12. If you were deserted on an island, which Coleraine player would you choose to be with and why?
Skinner – no person or animal would mess with the king. He’s a hard man and a great laugh. He would get us home no bother.
13. Any lockdown routines or things you’ve enjoyed doing?
Flat out playing the Xbox with my mates which I enjoy. Not much else to do in the house.
14. What other sports do you play?
I don’t play any other sports but I do a lot of running in my spare time to keep myself fit.
15. Who is your best mate at the club?
I have a few – Stevie O’Donnell, Stevie Lowry, Steven Douglas and Winkie Murphy. To be honest, we are probably as close a team as I’ve ever been involved with.
16. What have you made of your time at Coleraine so far?
My time at Coleraine has been great. All the lads have been very welcoming which has helped me settle in. It’s a family club which makes it feel that much better and I’m really enjoying my time so far. Hopefully I can get more playing time and continue to enjoy my football here.
17. Travel with the L/Derry boys to training etc? Who is the hardest to listen to?
Has to be Jarvy. He has a lot of “interesting” opinions on football which can give me a sore head sometimes.